I love a good old savoury cake. This is the ideal food to share during an aperitif if you cut it in smallish squares and also delicious eaten with a side of salad for lunch.
Here is a recipe for ham and cheese savoury cake but you can replace the ham and cheese with cheese, tuna and olives for example, or how about sundried tomatos and feta cheese.
For this cake you will need
- 150g of Plain Flour
- 3 eggs
- 125ml of milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 80ml of vegetable oil (you can use olive oil but it sometime is overpowering)
- 200g of diced ham
- 100g of cheese (either cheddar cheese or emmental)
- Salt (adjust according to the kind of cheese you are using) and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at thermostat 6
- Mix together and in this order the Flour, Eggs, Milk, Oil and Baking Powder.
- Add the ham and cheese and salt and pepper.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the mix.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 min or until you can poke it with a knife and it comes out clean.
It is as good cold or warm and what I love the most about this recipe is that it is quick, easy and delicious.